[restabs alignment=”osc-tabs-left” responsive=”false” tabcolor=”#bcbcbc” tabheadcolor=”#000000″ seltabcolor=”#1e73be” seltabheadcolor=”#ffffff”]
[restab title=”Tab number 1″ active=”active”]
Duration: 10 nights / 11 days.
Best Months to do this Trek: January – May, September – December.
Day 01 Arrive Paro 2280 meters:
- You will be received by a Representative of Yak Adventure Travel, and transfer to the hotel.
- After Lunch, visit Ta Dzong, an ancient watchtower, which now houses the National Museum.
- Below the museum is the Paro Rimpung Dzong,
- A short walk takes you to the base of the dzong and across a traditional cantilevered, covered bridge.
Day 02 Paro 2280 meters:
- Excursion to Taktsang, a short drive takes us to Satsam Chorten; this incredible monastery clings to the edge of a sheer rock cliff that plunges 900 meters into the valley below.
- Legend has it that Guru Padmasambhava, the tantric mystic who brought Buddhism to Bhutan in 747 AD, flew here on the back of a flying tiger, Dorji Drolo, said to be one of his
- After lunch, drive to the ruins of the Drukgyal Dzong 16 km up the valley. Built in 1647 by the great Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal,
- Explore the ramparts and on a clear day experience an unforgettable view of Mt. Jhomolhari (7,314 m).
- On the way back, visit Kichu Lhakhang that was built in 659 by the Tibetan King Songsen Gempo. In the evening, drive to Thimphu.
Day 03 Thimphu Sightseeing 2320 meters:
- Visit to the National Memorial Chorten (1974) built in honour of our late King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk,
- The Dupthop Lhakhang one of the few surviving nunneries in Bhutan.
- We then visit the National Library, stocked with ancient Buddhist manuscripts,
- The Painting School where traditional art is still kept alive through instructions in the art of painting Thangkas (sacred Buddhist religious scrolls).
- The Buddha Point to see the Tallest Statue of Buddha in the world,
- Changangkha Lhakhang,
- Takin Preserve Center and the View Point.
- In the evening, visit to the Tashichho Dzong,
- Finally visit the Handicrafts Emporium followed by shopping for souvenirs in the shops of Thimphu.
Day 04 Thimphu – Punakha 1310 meters: (76 Kms, 3 hours drive).
- After breakfast, drive to Punakha via Dochula pass.
- On the way, stop a while to view Chimi Lhakhang, which was built by Lama Drukpa Kuenley in 15th century. He subdued the demons with his “Magical Thunder bolt”. The Temple is also known as “the Temple of Fertility”.
- While in Punakha, visit Punakha Dzong built in 1637 by Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal and is situated between Pho Chu (Male river) and Mo Chu (Female river).
Day 05 (Trek Starts) Punakha – Gangtey Gompa:
- After breakfast, drive for 2 hours to Gangtey.
- In Gangtey. Visit Gangtey Gompa Monastery from outside.
- Explore Phobjikha valley, famous for the Black Necked Cranes during winter.
Day 06 Gangey – Gogona 2950 meters: Start of Trek –
- The trail winds up on a slow climb through field and then ascends the Tselela Pass for your lunch stop.
- Then the trail descends gradually for some time trough forest of juniper, bamboo, magnolia and rhododendron.
- After the last short climb you will reach Gogona village.
- The people of Gogona were originally nomads and they speak a language, “Jopkha” (language of the nomads)
Day 07 Gogona – Khotokha 2600 meters:
- We will climb up a gentle slope to Shobjula (11,155 ft.) for your lunch stop.
- Then the path leads down to a wide valley of Khotokha, a summer place of the people of Sha (under district of Wangduephodrang).
Day 08 Khotokha – Chazam – Wangdue (3 -4 hrs. walk):
- A short ascend leads to Mulaila pass (9200ft.) then the path descends through ever-changing vegetation till the bridge in Wangdi Phodrang.
- Your trek ends here at.
- Dinner and overnight in Hotel.
Day 09 Wangdiphodrang – Thimphu 77 kms:
- After breakfast, drive to Thimphu.
- witness Archery Match,
- visit to Philatelic office.
Day 10 Thimphu – Paro 52 kms:
- After breakfast, excursion to Cheri Monastery.
- Then drive to Paro.
- On the way, visit Tachog Lhakhang and visit to a Bhutanese Farm House.
- In the evening, free to stroll in the town for photography.
- Dinner and over night in Hotel.
Day 11 Departure:
After breakfast, drive to the airport and farewell.
[restab title=”Tab number 2″]