Our Government is committed to the policy of High Value, Low Impact Tourism policy with minimal or no negative impact to our beautiful and pristine environment. Till now the Tour Tariff fixed and monitored by the Royal Government of Bhutan is USD250 (exclusive of visa fee and surcharges for FIT’s) .
The potential for Tourism industry is growing very years but Bhutan has chosen the right path to ignore the global pace, placing happiness of the people (Gross National Happiness) before outright material gain. Our beloved fourth King Jigme Singye Wangchuck initiated the philosophy of Gross National Happiness. A policy epitomized by “high value, low volume” tourism, which is sustainable tourism management in a small country like Bhutan with preservation of its heritage in a rapidly changing world.
Minimum Bhutan Tourist Tariff
The policy of value tourism is best supported by a system of a daily minimum high season price of US $ 250 per person per night for visits to Bhutan. The daily minimum price is most often misinterpreted to be extremely high. The fee in fact covers a package that include all internal taxes and charges including royalty(US$65 person per night, accommodation(3-4 star category), all meals (American Plan), services of licensed guides, internal transport and camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours.
The royalty portion goes to the government exchequer, which in turn mainly support free medical care, free education and other welfare schemes. All visitors in way therefore make valuable contribution to the welfare system of the country.
For (February, March, April, May, June, September, October, November & December). US$ 250 per person per night.
US$ 200 per person per night (January, July & August).
Individual tourists and smaller groups of less than three persons (FIT’s) shall be subject to surcharge, over and above the minimum daily rates applicable, as follows:
- Single individual US$ 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons US$ 30 per person per night
- Single Room supplementary US$ 25 per night.
- Single Tent supplementary US$ 15 per night.
The surcharge will not be applicable to representatives of foreign travel agents on business study or promotional visit duly approved and cleared by the Tourism Council of Bhutan
- Tours specified in the itinerary.
- Accommodation in Govt. approved Hotels on twin sharing basis (minimum 2-3 star category hotels).
- All Meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- Tea and Snacks.
- Mineral water on tour.
- Comfortable transportation with driver within Bhutan. We use imported vehicle with branded company like Toyota and Hyundai.
- Trekking equipment like best sleeping tents, dining tents, kitchen tents, toilet tents, mattresses, and sheets.
- Services of fluent English speaking guides.
- Trekking cooks and trek assistant.
- Supply of pack animals.
- Entrance fees for Museum and monument fees.
- Travel/medical/personal insurance.
- Rescue operations by helicopter during High Mountain trek.
- Transfer and services outside Bhutan.
- Visa fee of US $ 20 per person.
- Wire transfer fee for transferring tour payment from your bank to Bhutan.
- Excess baggage charges.
- Drinks(alcohol and beverages)
- Hotels laundry
- Communication charges